Dallas Cowboys Football Club & large sporting event security! What does it take to keep the players and attendees safe?
You are invited to a special event on September 12, 2018 from 2pm to 4pm at the Dallas FBI Office.
Our special guest will be Larry Wansley who is the Director of Security for the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Please see Larry Wansley’s full bio below.
Registration required – Open to all members of the FBI Dallas Citizens Academy Alumni Association who have paid their 2018 membership dues. If you have any questions or desire assistance with the website and/or dues process, please feel free to reach out to the website team by visiting the Contact page on our website.
A valid government issued ID (e.g. Driver’s license) is required for entry to the FBI building.
The FBI prohibits the following items from being brought into their facility. Please be sure to leave them in your vehicle.
Firearms, knives, and weapons of any kind.
Electronics of any kind including but not limited to:
Health Trackers (Fitbit, Garmin, etc.)
Larry Wansley’s Bio
Larry is an internationally recognized security professional. He is a former U.S. Marine, and FBI Agent with extensive experience in Aviation, Professional Sports, Corporate Security, Crisis Management and Emergency Planning.
His vast experiences include executive, policy and operational responsibilities with the Dallas Cowboys Football Club, NFL International League (World League/NFL Europe), AMR Corporation (American Airlines, American Eagle TWA and subsidiaries). His major responsibilities and accomplishments include:
- Restructuring Team Leader for the AA Flight Department resulting in $10M in annual operational savings
- A global Flight Attendants strike security operations and protection of crews, replacement personnel and facilities
- Global crises including, plane crashes, terrorist bombings, coups of governments, kidnappings and extensive overt and covert, criminal investigative operations, riots and assets protection
- Directed operations for a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) restructuring team. His group was targeted during a Coups when the Prime Minister was overthrown. His emergency planning facilitated the safe escape of his 36 member team.
- Directed AA 9/11 emergency security operations and received the FBI Directors Award for his department’s role in identifying the terrorist hijackers
- In 1997 initiated a “Federal Security Screening Agency” proposal. After 9/11, part of that program was used in establishing the TSA.
- Served as Chairman of the International Air Transport Association Security Committee representing over 300 global airlines
- Author of FBI Undercover, which chronicled his years as one of the FBI’s first long term deep cover Agents.
- Rampart Commission member charged with investigating corruption in the LAPD Rampart Division
- Awarded Dallas Father of the Year in 2008
- Certified Aviation Security Consultant for 57 nation OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe)
- Security consulting projects in Australia, Abu Dhabi, Austria, Mexico, Trinidad, Turkmenistan and Venezuela
- Directed security operations for private companies and High Net Worth Clients
- Licensed Private Investigator and expert witness
- Larry is a frequent media commentator on sports and aviation security. He is a graduate of California State University, Los Angeles
Registrations are closed for this event.